Monday, February 2, 2009

Football, Family, Food and a Foot

Well it’s common knowledge that I like to watch sports on television. I am one of those lucky guys whose wife also enjoys sports on the tube. Now years ago I’d have said that football was my favorite sport to watch on TV, but compared to baseball the season is just too short for me to stay on top of it. It seems like most games are on Sunday, which these days tend to be the busiest day of the week for me. Baseball on the other hand is much more Steve-friendly. There are 162 regular season Mariner games on each year and I manage to catch 20 or 30 on TV, maybe a half dozen at the stadium and listen to most of the remainder on the radio. I’m sorry, football and basketball are much too fast of a game to listen on the radio, but baseball….that works!

All that being said I do look forward to the Superbowl each year. With our meeting block ending and 12:00 noon this year I am able to have my other meetings that day and still get home in time to watch the game.

Usually its just family that gets together at our house, but this year we went to Cara and Eric’s great little condo. Cara has it looking so warm and cozy and it was very fun and comfortable. We had a great afternoon watching what may have been the better of superbowls in the past few years, sprinkled with some of the most boring commercials known to man. I was sure glad there was food nearby to take my mind off them.

And what food we had!! Cara and Melodie did a fantastic job with lots of awesome treats. Football food galore. I didn’t really eat that much but I sure felt sick later. I think I either ate more than I realized (was it the 7 deviled eggs??) or I got some cross contamination with wheat somewhere. I think it must have been the former because my girls are very careful about keeping the food gluten free. Oh well, I do feel better today.

Let me say this about the game. It was a good game. However, it felt like the Cardinals were Seahawked a number of times including that final touchdown. Santonio Holmes did make a great catch, but from where I was sitting (3500 miles west of Tampa) it looked like his right foot did not touch the ground, but was caught by the cleat of his left foot.

I’m just saying…….

1 comment:

  1. Steve-I was just thinking on Sunday while we were watching the game about having a superbowl get together at you house in Bishop and doing the "number game thingy' that I am sure was not gambling....anyway seems like it was quite a crowd and lots of fun. And so long ago it's hard to believe I can remember it. Stacey

    ReplyDelete